Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can you believe it?

When I was trying to think of something to post about, I had a few thoughts. First, I thought maybe I would tell you that I was expecting another baby, then I thought maybe I'd tell you that Dustin and I are going through a hard time and are thinking about getting a divorce. Then I thought maybe I'd tell you that I won $28,000 in the lottery last weekend. If I were to tell you any of that though, would you believe me? If yes, check the date and think it over again.

But, what I am about to tell you actually did happen. Go ahead and sign me up for the "Mother of the Year" award right now. (Please note the sarcasm!)

This morning I decided to take Matthew to the library for story time. We don't get to go very often, because usually it's on Tuesdays while I am helping in Nathan's classroom. But today was special, it was Easter stories and an egg hunt. Matthew had a good time and didn't want to leave so I let him stay for quite awhile. My original plan was to go to the library, go grocery shopping and then pick Nathan up from school. Since we stayed so long at the library, I still had time for my shopping but knew I wouldn't get to the school on time so figured Nathan could just ride the bus home. Just as I was pulling out of the parking lot (with about a half hour to spare before the bus would be to our house) my cell phone rang. Nobody ever calls me on my cell, I answered it expecting it to be Dustin, but it was the school secretary. I think my heart dropped a mile. I was afraid something had happened. Well, something had happened.....Nathan didn't get on the bus because he thought I was picking him up! So I rushed to the school expecting to find Nathan scared or mad or both. But fortunately when I walked into the office he was looking at books and not a bit upset. Phew! I told him it was an April Fool's joke and he laughed. I thought he knew if he didn't see me to get on the bus, but since I hadn't specifically told him that this morning, he didn't know. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

And for the record, none of the things in the first paragraph are true. Sorry Tammy, no more grandbabies from me, at least not for awhile.

1 comments:

Ang said...

Thanks for sharing. :) I love that other moms are human like me :).