Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Time

Today was Nathan's first day of school. He woke up bright and early (actually, he woke up so early it was still dark, about 5:15!) and was ready to go. We got him all dressed and got his backpack ready, I could hardly keep him in the house. Finally we went outside to wait for the bus. We waited. And waited some more. We waited and waited and waited. No bus. Finally after it was about a half an hour past the time the bus was supposed to be here, I saw the bus coming. Well it turned and went the other direction and never even came by our house. It totally forgot him! To say he was devastated would be an understatement! I called the bus garage and left a message on their machine that he'd been forgotten and then drove him into school. He managed to calm himself down before he got there fortunately.

He got out of the van and got in line behind his teacher's sign. I drug Matthew and Gracie out of the van to walk over where the other parents were waiting. We waited and waited some more. Nathan was so confident that he kept yelling to me that I could go home. Finally it was time for them to give us one last wave good-bye. I have to admit I teared up a little watching my "little boy" walk into that "big school".


Fortunately the bus remembered to bring him home. He got home right about the time I was told he would, so I didn't have much extra time to worry. He was the last one to be dropped off and as they pulled up, he had the biggest grin on his face. He thought he was pretty cool because he got to be the bus driver's helper by waking up a few kids who had fallen asleep when it was their turn to get off.

2 comments:

Ang said...

JILL!! You have a blog! Yay :)

I love reading other moms blogs too!! Ill add ya to my reading list!! :)

The playdates schedule would be great too! If you could send it to me on my myspace page! Thanks alot!

Ang said...

JILL!! You have a blog! Yay :)

I love reading other moms blogs too!! Ill add ya to my reading list!! :)

The playdates schedule would be great too! If you could send it to me on my myspace page! Thanks alot!